With the all-new Macbook Pro 2019, Apple finally bids farewell to its odious butterfly keyboard which gave a hard time to a lot of MacBook users. The all-new MacBook comes with a new keyboard and a slightly larger screen, improved thermal designs, and some more changes.
MacBook Pro 16-inch Launched
The biggest update considered in the all-new Macbook pro is its new keyboard which is known as Magic Keyboard. As per what Apple says, the Magic keyboard has a refined scissor mechanism with a 1mm key travel. Furthermore, an ESC key has been added to the keyboard which was previously present on the touch bar. Some more space has been added in-between the arrow keys to make it easier to identify each of the arrow keys.
MacBook Pro 16-inch comes with improved thermal designs with extended blades of the cooling fan and bigger vents that increase the Airflow by 28 percent. Moreover, 35 percent of increment in the size of the heatsink will help in better heat emission as compared to the 15-inch model.
MacBook Pro 16-inch Variants
The all-new MacBook Pro comes in two variants:
- CPU: 6-core 9th Gen Intel Core i7 processor clocked at 2.6 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 4.5 GHz)
- GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4 GB of GDDR6 memory
- Memory: 16 GB of DDR4 RAM
- Storage: 512 GB SSD
- Display: 16-inch IPS LED-backlit Retina display (3072 x 1920)
- Battery: 100 WHr
- CPU: 8-core 9th Gen Intel Core i9 processor clocked at 2.3 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 4.8 GHz)
- GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 4 GB of GDDR6 memory
- Storage: 1 TB SSD
Battery and display remain unchanged in the higher variant. The base variant costs around $2399 in the US.
MacBook Pro sports Thunderbolt 3 ports and a headphone and mic combo jack. The display of MacBook Pro is can go up to 500 nits of brightness.